RMT Claims Talks Were 'Sabotaged'

Tuesday 9th August 2016

eastbourne buzz news - RMT Strike
 

It seems the RMT Union has no plans to call off its five day strike, which is causing a nightmare for commuters in Eastbourne.

They say their action remains ‘rock solid’ – even though in Eastbourne, there is no picket line. Eastbourne Buzz has been told by Stephen Lloyd, that this is due to Southern conductors disagreeing with the disruption caused to Airbourne, but an alternative week to walkout couldn’t be found.

RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said, "RMT members on Southern stand solid, determined and united again this morning on the second day of this phase of strike action. Our message that rail safety has to be put before the profits of Govia Thameslink is ringing out loud and clear.

"The union thanks the travelling public for their understanding and support as we stand up against this failing and greedy rail operator. Our fight is your fight."

The Union has also said that tomorrow they plan to protest at the Department for Transport in London, claiming last week’s talks at ACAS were sabotaged by the Government.

Commuters in Eastbourne continue to deal with no trains through to Hastings and a limited service to Brighton as the industrial action continues. Southern have said that non-folding bicycles won’t be allowed on trains today and that first class has been declassified on all services.

1   2   3   4   5       Next

Weather Forecast

Tide Times