Fire crews have saved a property from potentially catching alight in Eastbourne.
Teams from Herstmonceux and Hailsham were called to Walsingham Close yesterday afternoon (16 August) just after midday, where a fence was on fire and was beginning to affect the building.
A fire investigation was carried out and it’s believed it was an accidental blaze, caused by a cigarette in a plastic ashtray.
Later in the afternoon, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service received 33 calls to bushes being on fire in Eastbourne.
A hose reel jet was used to extinguish the flames.