A22 Blaze Caused By Electrical Fault

Saturday 20th August 2016

eastbourne buzz news - Pj Skips Fire 2

An electrical fault is believed to have started a massive fire at a waste facility off the A22 near Polegate earlier this week.

Flames tore through PJ Skips on Monday night (15 August) with some 40 firefighters tackling the blaze at its height.

The fire is now fully out at the site, which has been cleared of all burned debris. East Sussex Fire and Rescue cleared away the large hose from the side of the A22 earlier this morning (20 August).

An investigation into the blaze indicates that an electrical fault in a high speed shredder caused the fire.

Staff at PJ Skips wish to thank all of their customers for their understanding and cooperation during the past week.

1   2   3   4   5       Next

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/eastbournebuzzco/public_html/core/functions/menus.php on line 350

Thursday 1st Jan 1970
Weather Forecast

Tide Times