Eastbourne Police are offering a £500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for recent burglaries in the Meads and Old Town areas.
Please pass details online quoting Operation Gravity.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Most burglars are opportunistic and will look for properties they think they can enter unobserved and 'work' in undisturbed.
Three simple actions should help deter them: light it, lock it and list it.
Make your house looks occupied - even when it isn't.
• Use an automatic timer switch to turn interior lights on and off.
• Install low wattage timed security lighting that stays on throughout the night.
• Outside, fit motion sensitive floodlights.
• Keep all doors and windows shut and locked - even when you are at home.
• Fit window locks and ensure French windows and patio doors are secure.
• Never leave door keys, car keys or other valuables in reach of a letterbox or window.
• Secure your garage and shed - equipment kept there can be just as tempting for a burglar and may be used to force entry.
• Install a burglar alarm and set it every time you leave your home.
Registering valuables can make things easier if they are stolen. You will have a list readily available for your insurance company and police can reunite property subsequently recovered with its rightful owner.
• Register your property for free online.
• Install an app on your phone/tablet so that it if stolen, it can be traced.
By following these steps, you can help reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime.
If you are not already a member, you can join Eastbourne Neighbourhood Watch for free online. It exists to help prevent crime and reduce people's fear of reporting incidents for investigation.