Old Eastbourne BT Building Back In The Spotlight

Sunday 26th February 2017

eastbourne buzz news - Bt Building Moy Avenue
 

A controversial planning application for new flats to be built in Eastbourne, is to go to appeal.

The application for the old BT building in Moy Avenue was refused by the Borough Council’s planning committee last year, asking for the plans to be looked at again and resubmitted on a smaller scale.

However, Councillor David Tutt, now says the appeal has been requested to be a written representation, which will mean there will be no public hearing or enquiry. Councillor Tutt, who was against the development, is encouraging residents to send their comments direct to the Planning inspectorate.

Cllr Jim Murray, who is Chairman of the Planning Committee at Town Hall said, “As a responsible committee for Eastbourne and for the people who live here, or want to live here, we have a responsibility to quality housing in the town. We assess each case on its own merits and we felt these flats would have been too small and the quality of life wouldn’t be as good as if we had fewer flats in the buildings. We will now have to see if the inspectorate agrees with us.”

No date for the process to start has yet been given.

 

You can see the reaction from when the application was originally refused here.

1   2   3   4   5       Next

Weather Forecast

eastbourne buzz news - Eastbourne Rangers Crest
Loss For Eastbourne Rangers
Posted today 19:03
Tide Times