200 tonnes of manure have gone up in flames in Wartling.
Fire crews from Herstmonceux and Pevensey were called at 9.54am this morning (17 April) to attend the blaze at Court Lodge Farm.
Farm machinery was used to create a fire break and hose reels and a water relay were used to dowse the flames.
The cause is being treated as accidental, with manure known to spontaneously combust as it heats up from the inside. Crews will return the scene this evening to re-inspect the site, to make sure there is no further smouldering.
Photo courtesy: Herstmonceux Community Fire Station