A man’s been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in Langney.
Eastbourne fire crews were called to Carisbrooke Close at 8.08pm last night (18 April) to reports of a blaze in a bedroom.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the flames with one hose reel jet and 1-in-7 firefighting foam.
Earlier in the afternoon (2.17pm), three fire crews from Eastbourne and Hailsham were called to Rodmill Road, Eastbourne.
They’d received a report that people were inside a building, which was on fire.
Smoke was seen coming from the property, but it turned out to be a false alarm with good intent, due to overheated food and there was no fire.