Three people have been rescued from a home in Eastbourne this morning (15 May).
Three fire engines were called to Upperton at 6.37am, to reports of a fire in the ground-floor lounge.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the accidental blaze and led the occupants to safety.
Two people were given oxygen therapy after suffering from smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital.
A Home Safety Visit was carried out and a re-inspection of the property is due to be carried out later today.