Eastbourne fire crews had a busy evening yesterday (7 July).
At 6.25pm, two appliances were called to Langney Point to reports of a fire in an airing cupboard. It was out on arrival and was determined as an accidental electrical fire. Crews spent time cutting away to make sure it was fully out.
Then at 7.41pm, firefighters were called to Marlow Avenue, where a small child had trapped their finger in a door at a property and needed help.
At 12.33am (8 July) fire crews were called to reports of an ammonia and coolant leak from a freezer in Sovereign Harbour North. On arrival at Caroline Way, they found no action was needed, but they did offer advice.